Thursday, October 13, 2011

Letters

(10/12/11)

It was many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea...

Wait, no, that's wrong. It was many a year ago though. One of the worst things in my life happened. I was taken advantage in a sexual manner, it lasted for a few years.  This was many years ago, I have forgiven him (four years ago). What I have trouble with and struggle with, forgiving myself. I had so much anger built up, I not only wished him dead but thought of ways to kill him.

It has been on my heart to write him for a while now. I will write and try to get the letter to him. The rest of this will be my letter:


(10/14/11)

-(Name Edited Out)


I have had it on my heart to write this letter for a while. Starting it has been difficult. I will start it with, I have forgiven you.

What I have struggled with in starting this letter is old emotion. For years I carried so much anger and hatred towards you. Thinking about what to say reminds me of all the anger I had. That anger now makes me feel sick. The hardest part I have is forgiving myself.

Even as I work on forgiving myself, I whole heartily ask for your forgiveness for all my anger and hatred I had towards you.

While writing this I am unsure if I want to know if you read it or not. I have shed so many tears, and shed more as I write this.

I am sorry.

Sincerely,
Gregory Tomas Oswald

No comments:

Post a Comment